open vpn

Kerry Hoath kerry at gotss.net
Mon May 4 15:34:15 EDT 2009

I'd also recommend looking at the howtos on
http://www.openvpn.net

There are options to allow you to replace the default gateway on your
Windows box without loosing internet connectivity. alternately you could use
squid on your server and work through a proxy but i'd guess you want all the
connectivity you could get.
There is also a book on openvpn from www.paktpub.com but it costs money, as
does the service from www.vpnout.com

If you follow the howto's completely and patiently you'll have what you want
working in an hour or so.
I'd recommend a routed vpn, with static keys as they are easy to configure
and under Windows use openvpn-gui from
http://www.openvpn.se makes it easier to control the service under Windows.
Regards, Kerry.