Finally got smart about my ltlk issue

Cheryl Homiak chomiak at charter.net
Mon May 4 09:09:03 EDT 2009

I still haven't figured out why my doubletalk lt quits either at or close
to login but I finally got tired of typing echo commands. Made myself a
simple little script--well, doesn't even deserve that designation!!!

echo none > /sys/module/speakup/parameters/synth
echo ltlk > /sys/module/speakup/parameters/synth

Put that in /usr/local/bin as ltlkstart.
Takes all of two seconds to restart doubletalk lt now!!!
I'd like to claim brilliance for figuring this out but actually it's
downright embarrassing that it took me so long to think of doing this!!!

--
Cheryl