espeakup.iso install failure

Jude DaShiell jdashiel at shellworld.net
Sat May 2 20:58:18 EDT 2009

I tried installing espeakup.iso and came up with the same problem I had
with mini-beep.iso, no modules found for distribution being installed.  I
tried installing with testing; stable, and unstable and had identical
results.  I'm going to have to find an older ethernet card and install it
to make this work.  Fortunately I have something that's positively ancient
hopefully pci too but I'll have to check that.  This was also tried with
ftp.us.debian.com, so am pretty certain the installer didn't properly
detect the failure with the ethernet card and also failed to either detect
or take account of the missing release file. The other unfortunate thing
about squeeze for those of us with intel sound cards is that squeeze can't
detect them or configure them.  This was not the case with lenny before
sid.