Speakup at boot

John covici covici at ccs.covici.com
Fri Mar 27 06:21:47 EDT 2009

If you really want speakup as close to boot as it gets, I would build
it into the kernel -- at least I have done this successfully by
getting the git pull of speakup and the kernel sources and then
installing speakup into the kernel and compiling the kernel.  A bit
more work and it might not make sense with a software synth, but it
avoids where to load modules, etc.

on Friday 03/27/2009 Cheryl Homiak(chomiak at charter.net) wrote