Something Broken in Speakup with spkout

Chuck Hallenbeck chuckh at ftml.net
Fri Mar 6 16:03:33 EST 2009

Steve,

I struggled with these errors quite a few months ago, and never figured
them out. Talkwith borrows some code from the speakupconf load section,
but makes no effort to save anything. I think the problem lies with the
speakupconf save function. I am unable still to get that to work
without the errors you mentioned. I have essentially abandoned trying
to save updated parameters that way, and update them manually, which is
a pain, but produces files that can be loaded back into speakup safely.

I don't know if others have this experience or not, but my own solution
was no solution at all, just a kludge.

Chuck