Numeric User Gone Bad?

Chuck Hallenbeck chuckh at ftml.net
Mon Mar 2 05:37:30 EST 2009

Steve,

My bash version is 3.2-4, and I haven't done anything to modify or
enhance it in any way that I am aware of. I've never seen anything like
that either. We need others to let us know what happens on their
systems, hopefully this can be clarified before long.

Chuck

On Sun, Mar 01, 2009 at 10:37:05PM -0700, Steve Holmes wrote:

> Well, I don't like being the only one being able to demonstrate this
> problem.  I dunno if rebooting will make a difference; Linux is
> usually pretty consistent about things.  I honestly can't imagine why
> a variable like that works at the command line but not inside a
> shell.  Frankly, I've never experienced anything like this before.  I
> upgraded to squeeze the other day (Friday) and never had any trouble
> with these scripts until I came back into Linux last night and ran
> talkwith this morning.

                  My web site: www.hallenbeck.ftml.net
                      See also: www.wedit2.ml1.net
                                --------
Please help keep the world clean: others may wish to use it.