speakup: built-in, or module

Steve Holmes steve at holmesgrown.com
Sat Jun 27 20:28:46 EDT 2009

Maybe I'm stuck in my old ways or something, but I still like having
speech as early as possible so I still use a statically built kernel
with my Speakout external synth. But I use software speech a lot too so
I might consider switching to modules so I can replace speakup more
readily without having to rebuild kernels; even though building a kernel
isn't all that hard either.