The latest Speakup from GIT crashes my system

Hermann meinelisten at onlinehome.de
Thu Jun 11 05:57:14 EDT 2009

Hi,
this morning I pulled the latest GIT (master) and after installing I had
to realize that my computer crashes everytime I want to load the
adjusted Speakup configuration:
Invoking "speakupconf load" ends up in immediately crashing my system, so
that only a hardware reset gets me out of this.
Copying my adjusted characters file to /sys/module/speakup/parameters
causes a segmentation fault error, and after a few seconds the machine
goes down, and I can only do a hardware reset too.
Solution: I pulled the i18n branch, which is of the 8th of June and
after installing it I got my original settings back.
What's going on? I use GRML 2008-11 with kernel 2.6.26-grml.
I installed the modules from the src subfolder. So no recompilation of
the kernel.
Hermann