vinux has spekup

Georgina Joyce ready2golinux at googlemail.com
Mon Jun 22 06:33:55 EDT 2009

Hi All

I've been working with Tony Sales to get speakup included with vinux.

Tony has produced a debian Lenny CD image using ubiquity to install a
GUI version of debian.  Speakup is available immediately after booting
on the pure consoles, using espeak and espeakup.

Like previously, vinux is a desktop live CD from which it can be
installed.  I understand that one of the screens for the installer are
inaccessible.  But by hitting enter twice to accept the defaults, the
country and region can be set after the install.

It is alpha software but if you want to give it a spin:

http://vinux.org.uk/downloads/old/2.0/Vinux-2.0-Alpha-2.iso
http://vinux.org.uk/downloads/old/2.0/Vinux-2.0-Alpha-2.iso.md5sum.txt

He would really appreciate feedback on any bugs etc found.

-- "Sales Tony" <vinux.development at googlemail.com>
Gena

four kinds of freedom, for the users of the software:

    * The freedom to run the program, for any purpose (freedom 0).
    * The freedom to study how the program works, and adapt it to your
needs (freedom 1). Access to the source code is a precondition for this.
    * The freedom to redistribute copies so you can help your neighbor
(freedom 2).
    * The freedom to improve the program, and release your improvements
to the public, so that the whole community benefits (freedom 3). Access
to the source code is a precondition for this.

Richard Matthew Stallman