advice needed, Verizon DSL

Chuck Hallenbeck chuckh at ftml.net
Tue Jun 16 14:44:08 EDT 2009

Hi all,

In our area we are not served by Verizon Fi-OS, only by their standard
DSL service. I would appreciate any advice or reports of experience
concerning what accessibility issues I might face switching to such an
internet service.

First, what equipment will they want me to use? Will it be accessible
from a command line Linux environment? Right now edbrowse does a nice
job with my WRT54G router. What can I expect from Verizon equipment?

Any other tips or suggestions will be appreciated, I haven't yet
contacted them, but would like to do so fairly soon. Economics is the
issue here, since Verizon DSL is about 40% of the cost of our present
cable service.

Chuck

                  My web site: www.hallenbeck.ftml.net
                      Microblog: http://identi.ca
                                --------
       To see a need and wait to be asked, is to already refuse.