TrixBox

Terry D. Cudney terry.cudney at gmail.com
Fri Jun 12 21:41:07 EDT 2009

Hi guys,

   If you really want a gui to configure asterisk then the suggestions made here are the way to go.... but,

   If you really want to get asterisk (the engine under trixbox and pbs-in-a-flash, etc) then you can install/configure everything with speakup and your favourite editor.

   If you are running Debian, there is even a set of packages to ease the installation.

   One caveat: (perhaps resolved with the latest git versions of speakup, I don't know) is that with speakup reading screenfuls of text it does interfere with real-time asterisk channels. I'll have to get the newer speakup git version to see if this is resolved. But, in the meantime, ssh'ing into the machine running asterisk from another machine running speakupworks very well.

   HTH,

   --terry