speakup using different synths with software speech?

Georgina Joyce ready2golinux at googlemail.com
Sat Jun 6 14:23:54 EDT 2009

Hi

I respect that you wish to use a GUI.  I'm not saying you should do this
or that.  I'm just asking that you accept that there are different ways
that different people do things.  By asking how other people do
something like audio editing might broaden your options.  But by stating
that the commandline doesn't cut it, needs to be based upon fact.
Soundgrab is a perl script and probably not supported now.  But it suits
my needs to 4 decimal places of a second is more than enough for me.

head   refers to the player head.  Think in terms of a cassette
               player.  The head has a position in the volume, and may
               be stopped or playing (or browsing).  Playing stops
               automaticly when the head reaches the end of the volume.

        mark   refers to a marker which you can place on the volume
using
               the mark command.  The mark is placed at the position of
               the head at the instant you issue the mark command.  Only
               one mark can exist on the volume at a time.

Once you have a mark on the volume, you use the name command to give
the audio data between the mark and the head position a name.  The
head can be before the mark if that is convenient.  When you have
named all the sections you are interested in saving to files, you use
the export command to do the actual saving.

The browse command lets you automaticly skip through the contents of
the volume (great for channel flippers :).

All commands can be used at any time, whether the volume is being
played or browsed, or is stopped.

Commands may be abbreviated to uniqueness.  Multiple commands
seperated by semicolons may be placed on the same command line.