Mixers

Tony Baechler tony at baechler.net
Sat Jun 6 07:23:33 EDT 2009

Hi,

Yes, but does Linux support a mixer setup like you're describing?  I
know it will support a Sound Blaster Audigy, but I'm not familiar with
the other card.  I have a very good sound card designed for recording
but it only has Windows drivers.  I'm completely unfamiliar with using a
mixer and I have no idea if it works in Linux.  I know ALSA supports
most sound devices and it has its own alsamixer, but I don't know much
about hardware mixers except that they've been recommended and a basic
idea of how they work.  Pointers to articles on setting up a nice audio
system with accessible tools in Linux would be greatly appreciated.  The
keyword here is accessible because I don't know of any currently
accessible GUI audio tools for Linux at the moment.