speakup 3.0.4 and the timeout issue

Tony Baechler tony at baechler.net
Thu Jun 4 13:19:29 EDT 2009

Hi,

For what it's worth, I'm still having the same issue.  It is definitely
better than it was and the keypad plus reads the screen without a long
delay, but it still times out when a lot of text is sent.  My full_time
value is 60000 and I'm using a Trippletalk.  It can handle more text
than it used to, but it still isn't a huge amount.  Interestingly, the
full_time value on the other machine running an older version of Speakup
without the timeout issues is 5000, so I think there's more to the
problem than the full_time setting.  Also, setting direct to 1 does seem
to help very slightly, even though it's a hardware synth.