speakup 3.0.4 and the timeout issue

Michael Whapples mwhapples at aim.com
Tue Jun 2 19:56:33 EDT 2009

Hello,
I remember seeing a comment that speakup 3.0.4 fixed the problem of slow
response to certain review keys and that it was thought that fix also
fixed the timeout issue which causes speakup to deactivate. I just tried
my system on the start up (which seems to be a reliable way to cause the
problem) and it happened. I have speakup as modules and pressed numpad
enter to silence speech and didn't touch a key until booting finished
and when I tried to use a screen review key I found speakup didn't talk.
Looking at dmesg I found the message saying about too many timeouts.

If it would be useful I have the output from dmesg (command issued was
"dmesg >/dmesg.output"). Should I do anythig to get more detailed output
for you?

Michael Whapples