speakup using different synths with software speech?

Tyler Littlefield tyler at tysdomain.com
Thu Jun 4 07:42:17 EDT 2009

Your going to have to pay for something. My origenal goal, and still is is
to move to linux full-time. If that means that I pay for a software synth
that elimenates the headache of speakup, I'm willing to do so.
As for your cpu overhead, the synths don't add much cpu overhead. I think
jaws and it's processing actually adds more than the synth does by its self.
Even paying $100 for software synth seems trivial to paying $300+ for a
hardware synth, which is the cheapest I've seen. Braille N Speak costs like
$500 referbished from fs, and that's out of date.

Thanks,
Tyler Littlefield
Web: tysdomain.com
email: tyler at tysdomain.com
My programs don't have bugs, they're called randomly added features.