Cursor tracking and laptops?

James Homuth james at the-jdh.com
Tue Jun 2 10:45:13 EDT 2009

I'm using speakup on a laptop until I can get the hang of it, and noticed
there's a fair bit of functionality missing from the laptop keybindings.
Specificly, there's no mention of the ability on a laptop to turn off cursor
tracking for things like web browsing, or when using Alsamixer. Of course
it's also just as likely I haven't got a clue, but the documentation doesn't
make it entirely too obvious, nor does my generally playing around, although
it did get me used to speakup's keyboard layout where laptops are concerned.
Can someone enlighten me on how things like that work on laptops?