Strange kernel messages

Zachary Kline kline.zachary at gmail.com
Sun Jul 26 12:54:17 EDT 2009

Hi All,
Once in a while, but not particularly frequently, I see messages like
this show up on my console:
CE: hpet increasing min_delta_ns to 15000 nsec
I googled and haven't been able to find an answer as to exactly what
this means.  I could find some reports that people experience lockups
with this message, but I personally haven't ran across any.
Might any kernel-profficient people here be able to enlighten me on what
this means, and if I should be concerned?  The highest I've seen it go
was 22000.
Thanks much,
Zack.