Having problems reading man pages...

Gaijin gaijin at clearwire.net
Wed Jul 22 07:28:04 EDT 2009

	Hello all,

	Alright.  Having a problem in Debian with reading man pages.  I
will occasionally be reading a man page, like the joe man page for
instance, and run across some keystroke being displayed, along with it's
definition, but cannot "see" the keystroke.

	Using keypad 4, 6, 1, 2, and 3 to navigate around to highlight
and speak the characters does some strange things.  When using keypad 4
and 6 to highlight the characters, the previous word will be repeated,
but cursoring over the word with keypad 1, 2, and 3 usually gives back a
half-beep and the word "null" is spoken, and I cannot tell what is under
the cursor.

	Is this one of those iso/utf-8 quirks or something that can be
fixed by setting something in the environment, or is one of those things
that can't be fixed because my LiteTalk synthesizer has some character
combo reserved for itself?  Has anyone else encountered this problem?
TIA,

			Michael

--
Linux User: 	177869                                     Powered by Intel