configuring asterisk:cheap phone?

Alex Snow alex_snow at gmx.net
Thu Jul 16 16:12:32 EDT 2009

Most VOIP providers offer 1-800 numbers I think...check out teliax if
you want something native-IAX2.  I'm not sure on their prices though.
For being able to dial out from the number, check out the Disa (direct
inward system access) application that comes with asterisk.  This allows
you to enter an auth code and get a PBX dialtone that you can dial out
on.