disappearing /sys/accessibility/speakup

Hermann meinelisten at onlinehome.de
Tue Jul 7 15:10:46 EDT 2009

Am 07.07.2009 21:02, schrieb David Sexton:
> it's Speakup version 3.0.3, but it used to work fine with speakupconf /load

This version doesn't live under /sys/accessibility.
This is the case for version 3.1.

> I did just uninstall gnome so maybe I removed something important, but speakup still starts up just fine.

What's your problem then?

> Do I need to recompile the kernel to get the latest speakup working?

No. You can get the latest version via GIT or from the Speakup homepage.
After download enter the Speakup directory, when you loaded by Git, or
unzip the package and then enter directory.
You will find a file called INSTALLATION which tells you what to do when
installing Speakup without recompiling the kernel.
Hermann