Hello and qeustion about SpeakUp

Paul Hunt huntp at ukonline.co.uk
Fri Jan 30 12:40:58 EST 2009

Hi,

I got speakup working via speech-dispatcher and speechd-up mostly because I
had started trying to figure this out before I'd heard about espeakup or the
ibm tts specific connector.

I'm now running the ibm tts voice via gnome-speech for orca and espeak via
speechd-up in the console.  They don't seem to be interfering with each
other and it seems to be nice and responsive.

Just a few things left to figure out now, such as how to get speakup and
speechd-up running automatically when I boot up.

I'll do my best to help out anyone wanting a similar setup to mine now I've
got it going.

Paul