speakup is nice

tony seth lp800 at samobile.net
Tue Jan 13 13:11:55 EST 2009

Hi all:  I've waited for a long time to respond, but after having tried
the latest grml on my eee pc in live mode, software speech came right
up and they seem to have fixed the spelling issue, so you could install
that on a laptop without a hw synth.  Granted, I'd love a hw synth on
every install, but with everything going to usb and sw synths being all
the rage now, grml fills in nicely here since you don't have to ditch speakup.
Clink clink...
Cheereo!