Trouble Compiling modules/kernel

Kerry Hoath kerry at gotss.net
Wed Jan 7 19:43:52 EST 2009

You'd have to build your modules with module-assistant and your kernel with
kernel-package.
This will build a .deb for your kernel and a headers package you can
install.
Alternatively you are managing the symbolic links for the include
directories yourself and this gets tricky.

I run the pre-compiled distribution kernels with the bundled initrds as I
see no problem with the prebuilt kernels and modules outside the kernel tree
cause me no problem.
Someone else will have to sit down and document how to use an out of
distribution kernel.
I posted a guide to what I did to build the modules in late december, this
will be in the list archives.
The url for the list archives is in every message posted to this list in the
headers. go take a look.
the article you seak will be posted in late december from Kerry Hoath
or use google.
Regards, Kerry.