command line ftp client

Chris Brannon cmbrannon at cox.net
Fri Feb 13 09:39:05 EST 2009

Keith Barrett writes:
> I am planning to do some alterations to my web site and would be good to
> be able to upload and download the files in linux.

I use sitecopy for maintaining my website.
http://www.manyfish.co.uk/sitecopy/
The master copy of my site is on my hard drive, under ~/myweb/upload.
Whenever I change something in that tree, I invoke sitecopy to propagate
those changes to my ISP's FTP server.
You will need to spend a few minutes reading the manpage and writing a config
file, but the tool is very easy to use once it is configured.
I am including my own config file.

Regards,
-- Chris

----- begin .sitecopyrc -----
site cox
server members.cox.net
remote / # All my files are under / on remote server
local /home/chris/myweb/upload
username cmbrannon
password not4u2know
protocol ftp