command line ftp client

Terry D. Cudney terry.cudney at gmail.com
Fri Feb 13 08:49:05 EST 2009

Hi Chuck,

   It's been a few years now, since I used the default ftp. So I cannot remember what it was lacking, that I needed at the time.

   I was doing remote website updates at the time. Vaguely, I seem to recall something about the 'mirror' option of lftp that I needed, but not sure. I just started using lftp and it did everything I wanted nicely, so have carried on using it.

   --terry