Lynx startup file problem

Cheryl Homiak chomiak at charter.net
Sun Feb 8 08:15:25 EST 2009

This problem has been aggravating me for some time and i've searched
google with no luck, so I hope somebody has the answer.

I can't start lynx without typing an url on the command line; it complains
that it can't
find http://www.eauw.local. That url is nowhere in my lynx.cfg and I can't
find it as an environment variable. When I try to change it in the
lynx.cfg, it is ignored and I get the same error. Can somebody tell me
what
to do about this please?!!! I'm running debian unstable. For a while I
couldn't even type lynx google but had to type the whole url but
somewhere along the line that at least seems to have fixed itself.

Tia.

--
Cheryl