New hardware

james collins james.collins75 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 25 11:00:26 EDT 2009

Kind of off topic, so respond privately. I was just wondering, I was
trying to get yasr to work. I got a dialogue box on my computer saying
to the effect new hardware found. There was an option to open system
preferences and set up new hardware. I had already installed the
drivers for my USB to serial adaptor. My question is even though I had
installed the drivers is it possible that I would have to set up new
hardware in order to get yasr to work? In system preferences my USB to
serial adaptor showed up under networking, my doubletalk speech
synthesizer was plugged in. Another question I have is I tried to
connect to my doubletalk, but got a modem error, I was wondering it
seems like my computer is treating the doubletalk as a modem. I was
wondering is it actually possible to connect to the doubletalk? I was
trying to use yasr and I was unable to get it to work. And my computer
said it found new hardware I just wondered about actually if I would
want to connect to my doubletalk? Or is my computer just confusing my
speech synthesizer with a modem?

Sent from my iPhone