a thought about Michael's weirdness

Gaijin gaijin at clearwire.net
Mon Aug 24 13:36:31 EDT 2009

On Sun, Aug 23, 2009 at 11:53:37PM -0700, Gregory Nowak wrote:
> Exactly how many cuts/pastes?

	It often happens after doing the first "show."  Sometimes I can
seem to avoid it if I silence screen output before reaching the end of
the page or output.  It almost always happens if it reaches the "more"
prompt at the bottom of the screen.

	I'm running the standard Squeeze speakup/ltlk packages, without
modifications, loaded from grub, and unsuccessfully attempting to run
speakupconf from /etc/rc.local.  I've been deleting the /etc/speakup
directory every time there's been an upgrade, ever since I began using
speakupconf, and saving the settings in pristine condition to avoid any
bugs.  This problem has been going on since I started using Shane's
Debian Etch kernel, so I think it's either Debian, or my old Celeron
computer's fault, because I've been grabbing every new release Debian
has provided.  About the only configurations I ever bother fiddling with
are mutt, edbrowse, andirssi, and writing scripts to handle most
operations with a single word.  For instance, I have a script called
/usr/local/sbin/Upgrade that handles running "aptitude -q upgrade" for
me Similarly I have a Search and Show script for package searching and
displays.  rc.local checks with uname to see if the Shane kernel is in
use and uses it's older setup methods.  Otherwise it runs speakupconf.

				Michael

--
Linux User: 	177869                                       Powered by Intel