Another strange Speakup quirk?

Gaijin gaijin at clearwire.net
Tue Aug 18 16:44:32 EDT 2009

	Hello Kirk,

	I'm running Debian Squeeze and running SpeakUp version 3.1.2
ltlk synthesizer driver version 2.10, and have noticed something weird
while using my Mickeysoft Multimedia keyboard.  Every time I accidently
press the "Windows Start" key, it locks up the system as if the Insert
key were being pressed.  Pressing the Start key again releases it.  Is
this by design, or something weird with my keyboard?  Stewpid thing is
driving me nutz, since the Start key is right there between the Ctrl and
Alt keys, and is easily pressed.  Gods, I hate tiny keyboards. <grins>

	By the way, does anyone know how to automate speakupconf on
startup?  I tried sticking it in /etc/rc.local in Debian, but the sucker
won't load settings.  The script calls it without errors though, so I
dunno what is going on with it.  The script is "set -e", so it should be
aborting on any errors, but it seems to run fine.  I'll check the friggin logs, and if I can't find an answer there, I guess I'll puzzle through the script and see if I can't fix the damned thing to work on startup, rather than on a per-user basis.  Maybe add the ability to specify the saved configuration file if it doesn't have the ability, so I can do something like:

$ speakupconf load /etc/speakup.conf

...and put it in rc.local.

				Michael

--
Linux User: 177869                                           Powered by Intel