Brltty layout question?

Paul Migliorelli +1 3 0 3 5 5 2 6 9 7 0 paulmigs at migliorelli.org
Wed Apr 29 16:13:32 EDT 2009

Hi all.  After many years of brltty use, I've noticed a drastic change to
how brltty is showing text on the powerbraille 80.  Allas, I've never
really grasped the use of many functions.  That is, I simply have been
perfectly happy moving back and forth up and down the display with the
bars.  The text used to present itself at the beginning of the display,
filling up the line completely, without the need to use the buttons for
reading the next half of text.  Now, after an upgrade to fc10, I notice
text starting ***way over to the right, with what looks like an attempt to
divide the text at some point, where the only way to continue reading is
to hit the button on the far right.  And further, the only way to now read
the text coherently is to use the right button, to scroll thru, and not
use the bars as I did before, without any physical rap around.  For
example, in alpine, I used to go i for index, and on the full display, it
would say no messages to vies.  Now there's most of a blank display, with
the text no message written way over to the right, and then when you press
the right button, it scrolls over to the words to view completing the
message.  Sorry if this doesn't make sense.  Any thing I could try to get
it back to what was normal for years??  (grin)  Thanks.

Which means we've returned from a great time at sea!!
The Paulmigs Page and Blogg:
http://www.samobile.net/users/paulmigs/
Twitter: www.twitter.com/paulmigs
msn messenger:  paulmigs at migliorelli.org