problem with audapter

William Hubbs w.d.hubbs at gmail.com
Wed Apr 29 10:05:47 EDT 2009

Hi,

On Wed, Apr 29, 2009 at 07:16:18AM -0400, Kitty Litter wrote:
> When reading a large block of text the audapter reads for a while, then
> pauses for almost half a minute and then continues where it left off, then
> pauses and continues.
> This happens with latest git. Debian/squeeze 2.6.29.1 kernel.

It sounds like the full_time setting might be too high for this
synthesizer.  type the following command to get the value:

echo /sys/module/speakup/parameters/full_time

The value is in milliseconds, so, for example, 40000 is 40 seconds.
Once you know this value, decrease it until the pauses go away.  You can
change it by doing something like this as root:

echo 30000 > /sys/module/speakup/parameters/full_time

If this value goes too low, you will find that speakup times out and
deactivates.  If that happens, you should be able to use print screen to
turn it back on, then increase the value in full_time.

Let me know the value that works for you and I'll set it as the default.

Thanks,

William