speakupconf

Chuck Hallenbeck chuckh at ftml.net
Sat Apr 25 05:36:28 EDT 2009

Daniel,

speakupconf is broken. Folks are working on it, but it is not an easy
fix. What happens is that the save command saves incorrect values, which
is why the load command gives you those errors.

Chuck

On Sat, Apr 25, 2009 at 11:20:33AM +1000, Daniel Dalton wrote:
> Hi,
>
> This tool looks nice. I installed speakup-tools from debian, and ran:
> speakupconf save then changed the rate manually  and ran speakupconf
> load. Well, it didn't load my settings, I guess because it didn't have
> write access to the speakup sys file system. So, then I ran as root,
> great it works, but I get an error like the following: cat: write error:
> Invalid argument. It seems to  change the settings. So my questions:
> 1. How do I get rid of this cat error?
> 2. How can I save and load settings on a per user basis eg. not using
> root, so each user can have different settings!
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Daniel.

The Moon is New
                  My web site: www.hallenbeck.ftml.net
                                --------
Please help keep the world clean: others may wish to use it.