speakupconf

Daniel Dalton d.dalton at iinet.net.au
Fri Apr 24 21:20:33 EDT 2009

Hi,

This tool looks nice. I installed speakup-tools from debian, and ran:
speakupconf save then changed the rate manually  and ran speakupconf
load. Well, it didn't load my settings, I guess because it didn't have
write access to the speakup sys file system. So, then I ran as root,
great it works, but I get an error like the following: cat: write error:
Invalid argument. It seems to  change the settings. So my questions:
1. How do I get rid of this cat error?
2. How can I save and load settings on a per user basis eg. not using
root, so each user can have different settings!

Thanks in advance,

Daniel.