ltlk issue again

Michael Whapples mwhapples at aim.com
Thu Apr 23 17:19:09 EDT 2009

This sounds very much like my problems with the apollo. I haven't tried
just letting speakup speak all the boot messages, I normaly use numpad
enter to shut it up. I find that if I keep speakup active by using the
screen review keys it seems to be reasonably OK (not sure if it is 100%
of the time but certainly it seems to improve the situation). I have
occasionally found speakup stops working with my apollo at other times
than booting, but booting seems to be a fairly sure way of creating the
situation which leads to the "too many timeouts" message.

Other than the synth being used, the other difference is I am using GRML
(kernel 2.6.28) with debian unstable providing the extra packages on my
system.

Michael Whapples