Accessibility of netbooks

Kerry Hoath kerry at gotss.net
Sat Apr 18 05:38:00 EDT 2009

I saw optimizations for the flash disks used in these machines on the
eeeuser.com wiki.
Basically you need to change the default io schedular from deadline to
something else i'd have to dig up the link.
Also you should update the journal commit time to reduce wear on the flash
disk, this can be done with ext3 by adding
commit=30 to the mount options for the root fs, or by installing
laptop-tools which can take care of this.
Regards, Kerry.