Accessibility of netbooks

Georgina Joyce ready2golinux at googlemail.com
Fri Apr 17 19:09:51 EDT 2009

Hi

I have both a 4Gb eeePC and the 160Gb Acer.  Neither would be accessible
by tinkering with the OS that was shipped with the machines originally.
I've installed debian on them but as you are already aware some fiddling
is required to get the hardware working.  I've just been reading about
what Ubuntu are doing in respect of netbooks.  But whether they've
stripped accessibility out or not I do not know.

Asus have really started something with the eeePC but other
manufacturers have taken the idea and advanced it.  The Acer is a really
nice machine and it's keyboard is a lot easier to use than the eeePC.

Happy Hacking!