Accessibility of netbooks

Willem van der Walt wvdwalt at csir.co.za
Thu Apr 16 06:18:44 EDT 2009

I have an eee_pc and am running Ubuntu on it.
It comes with Zandrows which  I would not bother to try and get
accessible.
I am mainly using  speakup, but also have Orca running on it.
As long as the braille display connects through USB I do not see why
brltty would not work.
Yes, one has to tweak things a bit to work, but it can work.
I am using a normal usb keyboard with my eee as I struggle with its
built-in keyboard.
HTH, Willem