Integrating Speakup/ESpeakup into Debian boot process, part 2

Gaijin gaijin at clearwire.net
Fri Apr 10 18:21:26 EDT 2009

On Fri, Apr 10, 2009 at 03:19:07PM -0500, William Hubbs wrote:
 Are you sure it is a lockup, or can you hit printscreen and have it
 start talking again?

	Well thank you.  kicking the 10000 up to 50000 now keeps the
system from dying from an 'ls /usr/share/doc'.  Took 3 times to get it
to shut the hell up, but I'm finally writing this while running the
2.6.26 kernel.  Thank you!  Last time I bothered poking around in /sys
was when that "can't echo to /sys" problem had been solved.  I didn't
want to take the chance of crashing my drives.  While I dunno about
PrintScreen, even Ctrl+Alt+Delete wasn't working.  I'm sure I remember
trying nearly every key and their Ctrl, Alt, and Shifted forms.  I got
into that habit back in my C-64 days, looking for cheat codes to some of
the games.  I'll let it crash again on my next reboot and try it before
I update modules.conf with the silent parameter.  Might even port to
Sid, now that the thing isn't crashing on me.  Some of those
full-upgrade listings can get pretty long, and I'd hate to trash
something in the middle of one.  Thank you.

			Michael