new OCR project for Linux!

Chris Brannon cmbrannon at cox.net
Wed Apr 1 18:05:23 EDT 2009

I posted this to blinux-list the other day, but blinux is mostly dead.
Folks on this list may appreciate it as well:

Here's the blurb [1]:
"Cuneiform is a commercial grade optical character recognition (OCR) system.
It was originally developed and open sourced by Cognitive technologies,
and was originally Windows-only. This project aims to port Cuneiform to run
natively on Linux."

[1] http://freshmeat.net/projects/cuneiformlinux

Has anyone used it?  Will it run from the command line?  ArchLinux has a
Cuneiform package, but I haven't installed it yet.

-- Chris