Ancient Domains of Mystery with Speakup

Tony Baechler tony at baechler.net
Tue Sep 30 06:23:18 EDT 2008

Zachary Kline wrote:
>    Since this issue seems to have a cause we can put a finger on, I
> wonder how easy it would be to fix?  (I'm not familiar enough with how
> Speakup and Ncurses work to try myself, but it seems a needless
> frustration to have to grapple with.  After all, the spaces are
> technically still there.)

Hi,

While not an ideal solution, you can use ^L.  That will completely
redraw the screen and might help.  It isn't a lot better than having to
read the messages manually but since it completely redraws the screen,
spaces should be seen as spaces and not run together.  I do that
sometimes when I want to make sure I'm hearing what's actually on the
screen.  If that doesn't help, perhaps it is using something other than
space to separate words such as high ASCII or similar.