making secure limitations for non-root users

Tom Moore tom at tomstroubleshooting.com
Fri Sep 19 17:52:58 EDT 2008

By default users can not read files in /var/log so you don't have to worry
about that.

If your running a system and don't trust the users who you are allowing on
to the system not to do anything wrong while you yourself are still learning
how to secure the system up you could be asking for real trouble.
Remember as a residential user and this may to apply to business users as
well you are responsible for anything that goes in to or out of your
internet connection, and if you don't trust who is actively using it at the
end of the day it could be your head on the chopping block when it comes to
issues with your isp.

Tom