making secure limitations for non-root users

Tyler Littlefield tyler at tysdomain.com
Fri Sep 19 17:40:18 EDT 2008

I'll dig around for that kernel patch.
Like, limiting them to viewing home dirs, other people's dirs. I can do
chmod a-r /home, and then chmod o-rx /home/user, but would there be anything
else I'd need to limit for security reasons? I'd not like to scrue up perms
on logs, but would rather not them see /var/log.

Thanks,
Visit TDS for quality software and website production
http://tysdomain.com
msn: tyler at tysdomain.com
aim: st8amnd2005
skype: st8amnd127