debian packages

Jude DaShiell jdashiel at shellworld.net
Tue Sep 16 19:19:46 EDT 2008

arno-iptables-firewall and checksecurity.  The second of these two once
installed alerted me to an attack on all of my system's grep binaries.  I
forced a delete of binaries and purged them from the system's archive then
downloaded and installed them from the debian web site.  I'm sure that's
not the only problem happening here, but when this system gets reinstalled
the passwords are going to be better and those are the first two packages
that get downloaded and installed once installation finishes.  The
checksecurity package doesn't need or use X to run and it was something I
found while looking for something else.