New kernel problems

Jayson Smith jaybird at bluegrasspals.com
Sun Oct 19 17:19:10 EDT 2008

Hi,

     I'm compiling the kernel now. Let me get this right. I need to also
install the kernel, before emerging Speakup?
I have a kernel.sh script I used to use to install kernels once compiled. It
goes like this:

#!/bin/bash
cd /usr/src/linux
echo Moving the system map
mv System.map /boot/System.map-2.6
cd arch/i386/boot
echo moving the kernel
mv bzImage /boot/vmlinuz-2.6
cd ~
echo Running Lilo
lilo
echo Done.

Does this still work? This was a few years ago. Do I need to do this before
emerging speakup? Also, it's been a while, what's the kernel boot command to
get Speakup going again? Is it speakup synth=dectlk? I'm using a Dectalk
Express.
Thanks again.
Jayson