Broken Paramaters in Speakup

Chuck Hallenbeck chuckh at ftml.net
Fri Oct 17 17:39:44 EDT 2008

Steve,

I hope someone smarter than me can figure that one out. I had to kludge
a partial solution like this:

1. forget about the speakupconf save function. Also forget about normal
users being able to update the parameters. Limit it to root.

2. Start with an inherited copy of /etc/speakup/ if you are lucky
enough to have one, and make any necessary changes to its contents with
an editor.

3. run speakupconf load, note which files produce errors, and delete
them from /etc/speakup/

The result is that the files that remain in /etc/speakup/  will work
okay with speakupconf load, and that's as good as it's going to get.
I'm sure there's a better solution, but the above is how I'm surviving
until the Cavalry comes.

Chuck