Debian Well Underway

Steve Holmes steve at holmesgrown.com
Thu Oct 16 12:01:09 EDT 2008

Interesting observation.  I just suspended mutt and went into /dev and
sure enough, I have no fb device.  I don't really know anything about
framebuffer support so don't know about needing a /dev/fb or not to
enable larger screen sizes at the console.  Even so, vga=extended
wouldn't yield me 50 lines either.  Yet when I come into my box from a
remote ssh session, I use vt220 emulation and I get 42 rows and 111
columns.  I just can't seem to figure out how to do that with a linux
console.  While on the ssh session, $TERM shows VT220; while at home
locally, $TERM shows linux.