Debian Well Underway

Chuck Hallenbeck chuckh at ftml.net
Wed Oct 15 09:55:03 EDT 2008

Hi Steve,

I wish I could help you, but my installation is a really simple one. I
used Samuel's mini-beep.iso, and selected "standard" from the
configuration menu, and that's all it took. No extra packages relating
to frame buffers or displays, other than what the "standard" choice
implied. I switched from lilo to grub a long time ago, so I can't
compare my loader configuration to yours directly.   But for what it's
worth, here's the kernel line from my grub menu.lst:

kernel          /boot/vmlinuz-2.6.26-1-686 root=/dev/sda1 ro vga=791
quiet

That seemed to wrap just now, but it's all one line in the
configuration file. There's also an initrd, but again it was done for
me by magic, I did nothing to modify or enhance it.

Chuck

--
The Moon is Waning Gibbous (99% of Full)

My web site: http://hallenbeck.ftml.net -- my telephone: 1-518-334-9022.
                                --------
Sarah Palin: At last, a Beauty Queen who doesn't want World Peace.