New Debian Install - HELP!

Tony Baechler tony at baechler.net
Sat Oct 11 06:02:01 EDT 2008

Kerry Hoath wrote:
> you probably wanted the options
> speakup_synth=xxxxx debconf/priority=low
> so it would ask you which boot loader to install; alternatively set the
> priority to low on the main menu.

Sorry, but that won't work.  I have yet to find a way around installing
grub, even if I decide to use lilo.  Instead, when it gets to the bit
about installing grub, you press the less than and Enter to go back.
You might have to do that twice, but you should eventually get to the
main menu.  Then you select the option for the lilo bootloader and all
should be fine, but you'll still be stuck with grub installed, just not
configured.