lots of problems solved: my life story

Tyler Littlefield tyler at tysdomain.com
Wed Nov 26 16:43:11 EST 2008

Hello,
If you all remember, I was having issues with mail, I left it for a while
and decided to return to playing with it.
According to my logs, some servers block dynamic IP addresses, and I was
refered to a site that confirmed as much.
On this site I was also told that:
a, dynamic IP addresses were blocked from sending mail,
b, I had to use the Qwest smtp server.
So, I called up tech support and actually for once in my life found someone
who sounded like they new what they were talking about.
We covered the problems with my modem, and got to briding the modem and
using my linxsys which I want to put open wrt on anyway as the real router,
which I am going to end up doing sometime when I have the time to play with
it.
Then he told me that qwest didn't supply smtp to "home" customers,
(shocking!), and my only bet was a static IP.
So, I obtained the static IP, and lots of things (including mail) are now in
working order.

Thanks,
Tyler Littlefield
email: tyler at tysdomain.com
web: tysdomain-com
Visit for quality software and web design.
skype: st8amnd2005